Re: Losing Debian to the cancer known as HAL

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sun,13.Sep.09, 23:12:00, Dirk wrote:
Hello,

I have been using Debian/Unstable for more than 7 years.

Now I am switching to Gentoo because it really has become more
attractive since Debian+HAL really isn't the operating system
anymore I want to work with.

[snip]

If that's not flamebait...

Regards,
Andrei

A flamebait? Why do you think it would provoke an angry response? Because I am right and nothing else than an /angry/ response is left?

Whatever. I will not reply to any further posts.

If anyone is interested in all the arguments for and against HAL he may refer to the archive.

If one needs help with installing Gentoo he can go to

http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/lists.xml

there is a gentoo-users list.

Dirk