X11 without HAL: "DontZap" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf doesn't work anymore

Hello,

the X11 in debian/unstable is very broken right now. It requires HAL which i replaced with a dummy package and now the "DontZap" option in /etc/X11/xorg.conf is also broken... I can't quit X11 with ctrl+alt+bs anymore...

Is there a fix or a different option than "DontZap" for this?

Is that HAL dependency supposed to make it into stable?

I would like to know so because then I can move our machines to another distro soon enough before the shit hits the fan.

Dirk