Inquiry:How to totally wipe out the entire hard drive

Florian Kulzer wrote:
On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 23:56:47 -0400, Napoleon wrote:
Which actually proves nothing at all.

I have Karl Popper on the phone for you; he sounds extremely bored.

                                       It is only their opinion that
it cannot be done.

Wright et al. have empirical evidence supporting their conclusions.

                    But then if they had the equipment to do it,
they wouldn't be allowed to publish a paper on it.

Governments (including the U.S. government) have equipment far
surpassing anything publicly available (and discussable).

Maybe that is exactly what "they" want you to think...

I'm entering this late, and probably futilely, but wiping a hard drive
can be done.  It simply requires equipment that only the drive
manufacturers have.

Rather than wipe, destroy.  Drill several holes through the platters,
break the circuit boards, and submerge and drown the drive for a week or
two in a brine.

Not environmentally friendly, but effective.

May I ask, Why?  Got something to hide?

Mark Allums