Re: Kernel 31

KMS works very fine here (recent Intel graphics) since I learned that
you have to disable the framebuffer in the kernel config. :) That's a
really great feature. Switching from X to a VT is almost as fast as
switching workspaces.

Cool!  I look forward to playing with it.

My understanding is that you need development versions of some of the X system software to use the radeon KMS driver with X. I have quite of few things to which I have to give priority right now, but should have some time to look into these things around the time I buy that new card. ;)

DW