Issue regarding smb problems

In the past I was able to get smb to work so that I could share windows programs in my system under wine. This was done using the only thing that worked in the past smb4k which I was launching from X11 however what has now happened is that I am getting signal 11 errors and the share is not appearing in my "df" report for disk usage either :(. I have seen a number of bugs. Is there some way to deal with this or workaround on this one?