Re: wicd fails to start (dbus related error)

Hello

On 9/11/09, Sjoerd Hardeman <sjoerd@lorentz.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
>  Try to restart the dbus, and check if you are in the proper group (netdev).

I am currently in netdev, and just couple of days ago wicd 95% of the
times started fine (recently I did some upgrades, including the lenny
kernel).
debian-liv:/home/liviu# groups liviu
liviu : liviu dialout cdrom floppy audio video plugdev netdev wheel

I also restarted dbus, without any change in wicd behaviour. I also
get this behaviour in newly booted system.
debian-liv:/home/liviu# /etc/init.d/dbus restart
 * Stopping PulseAudio Daemon
         No process in pidfile `/var/run/pulse/pid' found running;
none killed.
... pulseaudio is not running                                            [ ok ]
 * Stopping bluetooth                                                    [ ok ]
 * Stopping Hardware abstraction layer hald                              [ ok ]
 * Stopping Network connection manager wicd                              [ ok ]
 * Stopping Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon avahi-daemon                        [ ok ]
 * Stopping system message bus dbus                                      [ ok ]
 * Starting system message bus dbus                                      [ ok ]
 * Starting Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Daemon avahi-daemon                        [ ok ]
 * Starting Network connection manager wicd                              [ ok ]
 * Starting Hardware abstraction layer hald                              [ ok ]
 * Starting bluetooth                                                    [ ok ]
debian-liv:/home/liviu# /etc/init.d/wicd restart
 * Restarting Network connection manager wicd                            [ ok ]

>  Besides nm and wicd there's also connman. Very new and not yet packaged, I
> have no idea how it works:
> http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Documentation/connman

There is also the alpha (and under little development) airconfig [1],
but I will try these only when everything else fails.
Thank you
Liviu

[1] http://spuriousinterrupt.org/projects/airconfig