Re: wicd fails to start (dbus related error)

Liviu Andronic schreef:
Dear all
Recently Wicd started to always fail at start-up, with a dbus related error:
"Could not connect to wicd's D-Bus interface.  Check the wicd log for
error messages."

Strangely the icon will load, but when clicking to access the
interface it will pop up the next error:
"The wicd daemon has shut down. The UI will not function properly
until it is restarted."

On the command line I get this:
liviu@debian-liv:~$ wicd-client
Has notifications support True
Connecting to daemon...
Can't connect to the daemon, trying to start it automatically...
sudo: sorry, a password is required to run sudo
Wicd daemon is shutting down!
Done loading.
Try to restart the dbus, and check if you are in the proper group (netdev). I have found that when you restart the wicd daemon without restarting dbus, connections of the client are not possible anymore. Besides nm and wicd there's also connman. Very new and not yet packaged, I have no idea how it works: http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Documentation/connman

Sjoerd