Re: Installing postgresql on Debian Lenny-->my /etc/apt/sources.list.

On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:17:26 +0700
Ricky Tompu Breaky <ricky.breaky@uni.de> wrote:

> Dear my friends,
>
> I want to install PostgreSQL in my Debian Lenny box.
>
> I can't install PostgreSQL with aptitude:
> "
> aptitude install postgresql
> ".
>
> It seems that the aptitude can not find the postgresql.
>
> This is my '/etc/apt/sources.list'.
>
> I have done "aptitude update" too. And it was completed properly.
>
> Please tell me what is my mistake.
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>
> ===
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib
> deb ftp://packages.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
> deb-src ftp://packages.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
>
> deb http://kambing.ui.edu/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
> deb http://kambing.ui.edu/debian-security/ stable/updates main
> contrib non-free deb-src http://kambing.ui.edu/debian/ stable main
> contrib non-free deb-src http://kambing.ui.edu/debian-security/
> stable/updates main contrib non-free
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib
> deb ftp://packages.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
> deb-src ftp://packages.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib
> non-free
>
> deb http://kambing.ui.edu/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
> deb http://kambing.ui.edu/debian-security/ testing/updates main
> contrib non-free deb-src http://kambing.ui.edu/debian/ testing main
> contrib non-free deb-src http://kambing.ui.edu/debian-security/
> testing/updates main contrib non-free

You have both Stable and testing repos enabled. Suggest you use only one
and install postgresql.
postgresql is available in stable (lenny) repositories and can be
installed with
#aptitude install postgresql