Re: Is there any way to turn off IPv6 in the stock Debian 2.6.30 kernel without recompiling?

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Rick Thomas <rbthomas55@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Sep 10, 2009, at 7:30 AM, Javier Barroso wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Rick Thomas <rbthomas55@pobox.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> The 2.6.30 kernel seems to have ipv6 turned on and compiled-in -- i.e.
>>> not a
>>> module.
>>>
>>> Does this make it impossible to turn off IPv6?  Or am I missing
>>> something...

Ok, one time I heard about comment all ipv6 related lines in
/etc/hosts. I'm not sure if this stop ipv6 stuff (I think not at all).

In the other hand, I found a bug related with this issue [1]. It says
about adding "ipv6.disable=1" into bootloader

Regards,