Re: Inquiry:How to totally wipe out the entire hard drive

John Hasler wrote:
Napoleon writes:
Overwriting with zeros (or ones) once is not at all secure.  It can
easily be nearly 100% recovered by someone with the necessary
equipment, even more so on a modern drive.

Please provide evidence that anyone has ever done this on a modern
drive.

In any case I doubt that the OP has secrets worthy of the attention of
people with "the necessary equipment", whatever that may be.

The FBI can do it, for instance. Some data recovery companies can also do it. I'm sure there are many others who can, even on modern drives.