RE: List Ettiquette

On Sat, 2009-08-29 at 14:51 -0700, Kevin Ross wrote:

> If this is official Debian policy, then why don't they set the Reply-To
> header to be the list?  As it is now, every time I reply, I have to manually
> edit the addressee list.  Hitting Reply only goes to the original poster.

Reply-To is not a machine-settable header, and any mailing list that
does set it is Doing It Wrong(tm).  This is what X-List, X-Mailing-List,
etc., headers are for.  Most modern mailers include a
Reply-to-Mailing-List feature now, and those that don't really should
since it's not that hard to implement.