Re: ProcMail, WAS: Re: Fetchmail and Gmail

On 2009-09-01 04:45, Paul Cartwright wrote:
On Tue August 25 2009, Chris Jones wrote:
but looking at the procmailrc( now non-existant), then thinking about
my 200 kmail filters, I'm not sure I could tackle that task..
As another poster hinted, this is another example of the hidden benefits
of cloning the Microsoft model.

I'm not sure I understand.. what I DID find out was, my procmailrc file WORKED.. the problem is, I didn't do it right. I sent all my personal email ( for the last 4 days) to a mbox file in my home directory. I THOUGHT I had kmail setup to get that mail, but it didn't. SO, I had to forward it back to my /var/mail/user and resend it..
how do I get kmail to accept email from that mbox file, or did I do it wrong?

If your "person message store" is an mbox file, then I'd:
1. shutdown kmail,
2. append the "errant" mbox file onto your "master" mbox file,
3. rm any index files that kmail uses,
4. restart kmail.

Brawndo's got what plants crave.  It's got electrolytes!