Re: nfs permission problem

Hello Frank,
>> I was working with nfs for years, but I have not the slightest idea what
>> the problem is here...
>
> I know this :)

Yes, NFS sometimes seems to cause stange problems ...

> Just a thought... has the group wir the same gid on the server?

Yes, gid is 1008 on both computers. I think I mentioned it somewhere in
my post.

>  Whats in
> the logs if you get the error? Does it work if you mount without autofs?

Which log? I found no message in /var/log/messages, syslog or daemon.log...
I didn't try to mount without autofs, but I'll catch up on this.

Thanks for your help!
--
Markus Grunwald			http://the-grue.de

Registered Linux User Nr 101577