Re: Wireless stopped working after kernel upgrade

I now have wireless up and working again, though I'm not quite sure
how I did it.  I was frustrated dealing with the Atheros card, so a
few minutes ago I switched it for an Airlink N card, but that was
unsuccessful, as the firmware wouldn't load using either the ra2860sta
kernel module or ndiswrapper, so I switched back to my Atheros card.
After rebooting, iwconfig didn't show any wireless networks, and
ifconfig didn't show the device at all, though lspci reported it.  I
unloaded the ath5k module and reloaded it.  Still nothing, so I
rebooted again on a whim, and the card now mysteriously works.

Oddly, udev no longer renames it to ath0.  Instead, the card is named
wlan1.  I have a feeling that this might have been the issue, as all
the instructions for using the ath5k driver say to use wlan instead of
ath, but I'm hardly qualified to say for certain.  Perhaps trying the
other card and then reinstalling the Atheros card caused udev to act
differently.