Re: Dell or HP laptop with excellent support to Linux (Debian)

Mark schreef:
In general, our experience at work has been: HP desktops are great (again, "business" grade not home or consumer grade), but HP laptops we gave up on and went back to Dell. That's just our experience though.

HTH

     > G'day,
     >
     > My name is Alexander Kapshuk.
     >
     > I am looking to purchase a Dell laptop with excellent Linux support
     > (Debian
     > Lenny).
Dell sells laptops preinstalled with Ubuntu. Then you certainly know all hardware is supported and saves you a Windows licence. Eg My laptop, a Dell XPS M1330, has all these specs, is currently being sold with Ubuntu, and everything works. Even the fingerprint sensor works (with fprint from experimental)!

     > Here are the specifications I am after:
     >
     > CPU = Inter Core 2 Duo;
     >
     > RAM = 3GB or 4GB;
     >
     > Graphics Card = NVIDIA GeForce;
     >
     > Hard Drive = 250GB or 320GB;
     >
     > With a webcam;
     >
     > With a card reader;
     >
     > Wi Fi: anything but Broadcom (i was told Broadcom Wi Fi has a
    lousy Linux