Re: OpenVPN and Juniper

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your remarks.

By Juniper I meant the Juniper VPN stuff (version 6.4.0):
I want to connect with my laptop from my home to my organization which
holds a Juniper VPN network via SSL.

I can with the Linux material furnished by Juniper
( http://www.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de/~iwr91/juniper ),
but this material is not designed in a Linux way
(in partilcular it allows regular users to mess system wide network
configuration files).

My current guess is that OpenVPN can do a far better job.

Thanks,
Jerome
Mark wrote:
Jerome BENOIT wrote:
Hello List,

can OpenVPN connect to a Juniper network ?

I have googled, but so far I got no clear answer.

Change the question Jerome.

So an openvpn box is going to connect to something with an juniper sticker on it? Is that what you are saying? Well, it all depends on what model you are connecting too. Firewall stuff, most likely yeah. More details to give a less incoherent answer is appreciated.

Or are you asking if a network, made with juniper hardware, can handle openvpn connections? Regardless of the brand (might as well be talking about cisco or alcatel) if it does IP it should be possible. You might trip over MTU if something funky has been done, but.. other than that I don't see any reason why a openvpn vpn won't work.

 ,Mark

--
Jerome BENOIT
jgmbenoit_at_mailsnare_dot_net