RE: Nvidia cards

http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers#Installthekernelmodule

It isn't hard, but it IS a pain because you have to remember to run the steps after every kernel upgrade, otherwise X won't start.

The wiki says there are 4 ways of building the kernel module, all of which revolve around module-assistant.  I use method #5, which is downloading the installer from the nvnews linux forum, and running it.

-- Kevin