Re: ProcMail, WAS: Re: Fetchmail and Gmail

On Mon,24.Aug.09, 20:56:27, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> but looking at the procmailrc( now non-existant), then thinking about my 200
> kmail filters, I'm not sure I could tackle that task..

maildir (and procmail too as I hear, but I don't like its syntax) is
*very* powerful. I recently did a major rewrite on my maildrop rules. I
had one rule for each Debian list, now I have exactly one:

# These are the lists.debian.org lists
if (/^List-Id:.*<debian-(.*)\.lists.debian.org>/)
{
	to Maildir/.debian.$MATCH1
}

Similar for googlegroups, alioth, ... All that was needed was a bit of
folder renaming ;)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)