RE: ProcMail, WAS: Re: Fetchmail and Gmail

The processing happens at the server level instead of the client level.
This means the mail is already filed into the proper folders when you launch
your favorite mail client.  This also means you can easily move back and
forth between mail clients and not have to rewrite the rules for each
client, if the client even supports filters.  This is especially useful if
you also have a webmail server running on your computer.