Re: "Waiting for root file system ..."

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Niu Kun wrote:

(with respect to getting my /dev/sda* device files built)

> So here, your best choice seems to try.
> here's my z60_hdparm.rules file:

  i'm assuming that's a brand new rules file, right?  not just adding
to an existing rules file since i have no such file.

> ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="block", KERNEL=="[sh]d[a-z]", RUN+="/etc/init.d/hdparm hotplug"
> Hope this helps.

  um ... i have no config file /etc/init.d/hdparm.  at all.  does that
belong to a package i should install?  and would that explain why i
have no hdparm udev rules file?

> At least it's been working with me for at least one year without any problem.
> I'm using debian testing branch.
> But etch's udev seems to be 0.105.
> Mine is 0.125.
> Don't know if the rule is the same.

  on this system, it's 0.105.  and i'm assuming that, after i modify
my udev rules, i have to rebuild my initrd, yes?  do i understand
correctly that that would bundle my entire udev directory inside the
initrd, so that i get the effect of those changes?  that would make
sense.

rday