Re: "Unable to perform shutdown" from Xfce

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Fri,21.Aug.09, 00:42:58, goran@dobosevic.com wrote:
Liviu Andronic wrote:
On 8/20/09, goran@dobosevic.com <goran@dobosevic.com> wrote:
I was just install Debian Squeeze on one laptop. After installation I was
remove Gnome and install XFCE. Shutdown and restart works normal without any
tweaking.

In Xfce, did you try to open a root terminal, or synaptic, and shutdown/reboot?
Liviu

I just tried with opened Synaptic and it's worked.

Could you please also try with an open 'su' root session?

Regards,
Andrei
I just did. It works.
Ok I em new and don't have so much experience with Linux but maybe is problem if you install just basic Debian without GUI and then apt-get XFCE. I knew I will get Lenovo S10e so i was experiment with XFCE and LXDE on my VirtualBox. I was installed Debian without GUI. After XFCE installation I can't shut down until I add myself to powerdev group. Maybe some kind of "magic" come if you install Debian with KDE/Gnome and then switch to XFCE?

--
Bye,
Goran Dobosevic