Re: skype, amd64, libc6-i386 and ia32-libs

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 21:30:06 +0100
Chris Davies <chris-usenet@roaima.co.uk> wrote:

> > By the way, does anybody know why they had to break things first? I did
> > not expect that from debian!
>
> I rather think that the name of the version you're running answers that
> question. If you don't want things to break, run "stable".

The problem is that it's also so ancient that unless you are running a server
things will be too far from current as well.

You are falling into the same hole as most and mixing the everyday meaning of
debian's stable,testing and unstable with the debian distribution meaning.