Re: GNOME settings on start up

Chris Burkhardt wrote:
AG wrote:

Hello list & happy birthday Debian ... sweet 16 and all of that ;-)

[...]

Anyway,
one of the issues I am finding is that the gnome-screensaver is
triggered on start up and runs in the background, but despite being
configured to kick in after 20 minutes of inactivity, it doesn't.  I
also prefer the xscreensaver which can be configured to lock the screen
after a bit and does so reliably.

You can use xscreensaver instead of gnome-screensaver:

aptitude remove gnome-screensaver
aptitude install xscreensaver

- Chris

Chris

 Considered doing that, but without some switch magik, apt wants to remove the whole kit and kaboodle of GNOME, which is not what I wanted.

So, although the most obvious solution, it won't work.

Cheers

AG