Difference between Sid's 2.6.30 and backported 2.6.30

So this is a kernel related question.

What is the best way to see the difference between:

the 2.6.30 kernel source from Sid:
http://packages.debian.org/sid/linux-source-2.6.30

and 2.6.30 kernel source from Debian backports:
http://packages.debian.org/lenny-backports/linux-source-2.6.30

Just doing a simple "diff" would suffice? Also which leads me to a related question:
Is there a script that Debian folks run on a SID kernel to produce the corresponding backport kernel?

The reason I asked this question is that I was having some minor issues during S3 state resuming with SID kernel which got solved by using Backported kernel. I am curious to know what piece of code changed in the kernel to fix that problem.

Kushal Koolwal

I do blog at http://blogs.koolwal.net/

http://windowslive.com/Campaign/SocialNetworking?ocid=PID23285::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:SI_SB_facebook:082009