Re: Using mouse less possible

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 07:41:52AM EDT, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> In MS Windows, with the TAB key it is possible to move on the Desktop and jump
> between small icons and to open and close windows.
>
> I don't detect such a feature in my Gnome graphic environment.
>
> Is it possible, in your experience, and how?, to reduce the use of mouse the
> most possible in X?

I don't use gnome, but I do have ubuntu 9.04 installed on another
partition, and this appears to work out of the box:

→ Ctrl+Alt+Tab pops up one of those Windows-like thingies that let you
  navigate between the desktop, the top "bar", and the bottom "bar"

→ Ctrl+Alt+Tab until you have selected the "x-nautilus-desktop"

→ Let go of the keyboard - one of your "small icons" should be selected

→ Use the arrow keys to navigate between icons.

HTH

CJ