Re: Using mouse less possible

Klistvud <quotations@aliceadsl.fr> writes:

> You can activate the numeric keyboard to emulate the mouse, it's
> somewhere in the Accessibility options. (Talking about Gnome, but KDE
> should have something similar as well)

Thanks.  From Gnome Panel Menu,

 Desktop > Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts

, and there are all the key combinations to replace the use of mouse.

Michael Ekstrand <michael@elehack.net> writes:

> If you want to radically minimize your mouse usage, there are several
> window managers which are designed around heavy keyboard interaction and
> window manipulation:
>
>  - awesome
>  - XMonad
>  - ratpoison
>  - wmii
>  - StumpWM
>  - many more...
>
> The downside is that these typically have radically different
> interaction models and window management philosophies than "traditional"
> window managers and desktop environments such as Gnome.  They also
> typically don't have desktop icons, and panels are frequently rather
> different from Gnome/KDE/Xfce panels.

Thanks for the indications.  I'd be curious to try one of those, and once I
will.  There's one thing though for which the mouse is probably necessary: when
I do `Ctrl-mouse1' inside xdvi to get back to the TeX source file.

Bye
Rodolfo