Re: Iceweasel 3.5

Brent Clark wrote:
Jimmy Johnson wrote:
Mepis 8.0 is based on Lenny and has 3.5 compiled, you can get it using these repos if you want.

"deb ftp://ftp.mepis.com/mepis/ mepis-8.0 main"

If you going to make a suggestion for a debian based distro, then you might as well just make it Ubuntu.

Nothing wrong with Mepis, but im of the opinion, advise someone with the knowledge that there is further support if they need it, and at least an already established user market.

How do you figure?

Mepis 8.0 is based on Debian Lenny not buntu, I don't think you know about Mepis support, where you will find some of the best "How to guides" www.mepis.org/docs/en/MEPIS_Community , besides the word is that buntu is giving it's users unwanted software "Ubuntu's New Firefox Is Watching You" http://tiny.cc/ckg8o .

Besides "MS" also stands for Mark Shuttleworth. :-P
--
Jimmy Johnson
Running Lenny, Squeeze, Sid and my main desktop is Etch with some updated Internet applications, everything is KDE.