Re: fetchmail socket error

On Tue August 11 2009, Teemu Likonen wrote:
> I have two IMAP accounts but I don't like to store the mail on the
> remote server so I use fetchmail to fetch all mail on remote servers to
> my spool file in /var/mail directory. Then my mail client (Gnus) is
> configured to get mail just from the local spool file and nowhere else.
>
> Is this the kind of setup you are looking for?

yes, I think that is what I have ended up with!
I removed all of my IMAP/POP3 accounts, used fetchmail, setup each account as
IMAP, restarted fetchmail, and things seem to be coming in to /var/mail/user
and each user has a local account setup in kmail..

I have fetchmail set to fetchall. If I set it to keep, can I use a laptop,
setup that account as IMAP on the laptop and also retrieve that same email? I
mean setup a kmail account as IMAP.. on the laptop.
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800