Re: color management?

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 21:12:57 -0700, jeremy jozwik in gmane.linux.debian.user wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 6:04 AM, S.
> Fishpaste<SDA@deer-in-the-headlights.ca.invalid> wrote:
>> Well then might want to try using sRGB profile.
>
> nope, dont work any better. i have both gimp and rawstudio set to
> srgb, re-uploaded and there is still a significant difference in
> color.
>
> are there color profiles for the monitor itself in debian?

That's what sRGB is; you need to calibrate the monitor itself. Is GIMP
colour managed ? I don't think it is as that's usually reserved for 'ink on
paper' design applications.

You might want to check out the digital darkroom web site. Sorry don't have
the URL  handy but Google should point you in the right direction.