color management?

heya list. ive been working with linux on adjusting my photos for the
last 3 weeks or so. since ive started ive noticed that the way the
photos look on my linux laptop are CONSIDERABLY different then the
color that is shown on a windows machine.

now i would not worry too much about this if it were not for the fact
that every windows machine i see my uploaded photos with shifts the
colors.

which leads me to believe there is something amiss on my laptop, the
source of all the color adjustments.

help!

also, i have gimp set to "no color management" which i found to be the
setting of the most use on windows when i was using it there.