Re: C++ and threading howto for linux dev

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

> I use QT and their examples: they are the greatest!
> http://packages.debian.org/sid/qt4-doc-html
>
> Hugo

Hi,
I'm not looking for a graphics implementation of threads but a way to run
threads from pure C++ code. What should I do with QT? I make my app
depending on something I don't really need.

I actually found a howto but without working examples (means I have to
implement and try it) and I'm refusing to believe nobody did it before.

The few other howtos were not working for me I either need to spend another
weekend or somebody could give me a good example.

I actually found this implementation http://code.google.com/p/cppthreadpool/
coming very close to the theoretical one I found.

... and tried it but it's waiting for the server to exit to fetch the next
function ... either I didn't implement it the right way or it's a pseudo
threading. I'm investigating now.

Is there an expert to have a look at the code?

and what about the clone() function I read is available in linux?

regards