Re: color management?

Others have discussed the importance of colour calibrating your monitor - also important if you intend to print and expect to get on paper what you see on screen.

I'll just add the following:

1. Not all browsers support colour profiles. IE doesn't. Firefox does since 3.0 but it's disabled by default. To enable it, go to about:config and search for 'gfx' - you'll see 'gfx.color_management.enabled which is 'false' by default. Doubleclick on it to set it to true, and restart FF.

On Windows, I don't think Safari does, but it does on OSX. Opera doesn't. I don't expect any of the other Linux browsers to do either.

Check this page to see if it worked:

http://www.color.org/version4html.xalter

2.  Nice blog on Photography in Linux (not mine):

http://jcornuz.wordpress.com/

--kj