lzma Vs lzip ?

Dead list,

I've just discovered the package lzip whose description says: "Lzip is a
lossless data compressor based on the LZMA algorithm, with (..) a user
interface similar to the one of gzip or bzip2."

I already have lzma installed, whose part of his description is: "This package
provides a gzip-like interface for the lzma program."

So what is the difference between lzma and lzip ? Should I fill a bug report
with minor severity to ask a statement in long description about differences
between lzip and lzma ?

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme