Re: linux-image-2.6.30-1-686: USB disk fails to show at initramfs

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

I installed linux-image-2.6.30-1-686 on Sid and got an error:

In the very beginning at the initramfs phase only one of my 2 USB disks shows up, causing the boot to fail because partitions from that drive are in /etc/fstab. It's always the same one that fails to show up. Never happened in previous kernels.

It's http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=534324

But it is only the Debian 2.6.30 kernel that fails, when I compile my own kernel of the vanilla 2.6.30 from kernel.org it does not fail! Of course the difference between the 2 configs is huge and nobody answers my complaint. Someplace in the Debian .config lies the answer :-(

Hugo