Re: Configuring polkit-gnome-authorization without a root password

On 8/8/09, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 2009-08-07 08:41, Louis Housman wrote:

[...]

> Serious, not-flippant response: if you like the Ubuntu Way, why not
> install Ubuntu instead of Debian?

One reason: Debian unstable. 2nd Reason: Debian does boot faster.

Main reason for my question is that all I want is the convenience of
having to remember two different passwords (root and $USER). So, no, I
don't want the bathwater (all the other Ubuntu changes) with the baby
(sudo-style sysadministration).

So the question remains. How do I configure polkit without a root password?