Re: ompile 32 bit debian source on 64 bit machine

Umarzuki Mochlis wrote:
I found that there's only 32 bit binary of zsnes on sid and it's only 32 bit.

Would the step is as simple as adding a sid mirror in sources.list, aptitude update, then apt-get -t sid source zsnes?
--
Regards,

Umarzuki Mochlis
http://gameornot.net

Uh, sort-of, but you wouldn't get what you want. I think. What do you want, exactly?

Haven't checked up on the source, but it may not be 64-bit clean. That is, it might be compiled on amd64 by a 64-bit compiler, but that might not make it be what you expect it to be. E.g., a variable might need to be a 32-bit type, recompiling might change it to 64-bit. The difference would be significant in an emulator, and it being 64 bits could lead to undesired results.

Looking in Sid, I don't see zsnes as a package, I only see visualboyadvance. Are you sure you know what you need?

Mark Allums