Re: Configuring polkit-gnome-authorization without a root password

On 2009-08-07 08:41, Louis Housman wrote:
I've configured my Debian for Ubuntu (and Mac)-style system
administration, which means basically having the root account locked
(no password). I do all the "root" tasks via sudo or the graphical
gksudo front end.

However, I seem unable to configure System / Authorizations
(polkit-gnome-authorization) via this method. Polkit demands a root
password.

What changes do I need to make to my Debian setup that would allow me
to configure Authorizations without an explicit root password. I know
this is possible since this is how Ubuntu does it. Ubuntu allows the
"blessed" user (the user granted admin privileges via sudo) to
configure Polkit using the user's login password.

Serious, not-flippant response: if you like the Ubuntu Way, why not install Ubuntu instead of Debian?

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer