Re: wi-fi security?

Manon Metten wrote:
<snipped>
> ...when I tried this, aptitude asked if it should remove
> 'network-manager-kde'. As I'm using that app and don't have wireless,
> I cancelled the installation.

yes, this will also happen if you are running the gnome network manager.
 it's sort of 'all or nothing'.

another option for wifi (and wifi only) is wifi-radar.  i used to use it
with great success, but didn't need to after switching to wicd since it
handled all network connections.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/