Re: Etch to 5.0.2 upgrade failed - Encrypted filesystem will not boot

On Wed, Aug 05, 2009 at 06:54:50PM -0500, lineman@ruiner.halo.nu wrote:
> I tried configuring fstab to use the UUID from blkid, but I had the same problem.  Could the problem be that the SCSI drives are not coming up until cryptsetup has loaded?

hmmm not sure, you could try
turning of quiet mode remove the quiet from the kernel option on boot
and maybe try turning on debug (add debug to the kernal options)

anothering to try is place a shell script in
/etc/initramfs/scripts/local-top/ call something like 00mine and open a
console with something like bash  or try some command here like
cryptsetup -T1 luksOpen /dev/sda2 sda2_crypt

you will need to update you initramfs for the above

or add to your kernel options something like break=local-top

if you are using grub you can edit the kernel options at boot time

Alex

--
"Oftentimes, we live in a processed world -- you know, people focus on the process and not results."

	- George W. Bush
05/29/2003
Washington, DC