Re: Xfce (was Re: Musings on debian-user list)

On 2009-08-02 12:21, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 2009-08-02 05:59, Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Sun,02.Aug.09, 03:45:58, Ron Johnson wrote:
My Xfce setup would be very familiar for a Windows 2k user ;)
Can you send me (or throw onto a website) a screen-print?

Sure

http://yetanotherpersonal.blogspot.com/2009/08/screenshot-with-my-desktop.html

Guess I'll have a try...

OK, running Xfce, but there's an important problem, and a minor problem.

http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson/xfce_screenshot.png

As you can see from the above screen shot, certain fonts (like the
ones in the Iceweasel Folders and Subjects lists) are "correct", according to my tastes. Menu->Settings->Appearance let me set them to the font/size which I prefer. Other fonts, like in the Title Bar and in the Iceweasel composition window (not just an Iceweasel issue: other apps have the same problem) are just way too tiny for comfortable reading.

The minor problem is the color of the (Crux) window theme:purple. GNOME let me change that to dark blue.

Any thoughts?

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer