Re: Xfce (was Re: Musings on debian-user list)

On 2009-08-02 03:34, Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Du,02.aug.09, 02:51:58, Ron Johnson wrote:
Yes.  But I've been disappointed in the past by Xfce's lack of
"integration" (that's not exactly the proper word, but it's as good
as I can think of).  What I mean in that what I do use of GNOME
"just works the way I think it *should* work".  No *fighting* with
it.
Unfortunately I don't have enough experience with Gnome to make a comparison to the Xfce panel(s).

Or, maybe I'm just used to how it works...  I think I mentioned on
the list my opinion that Win2k is in many ways the zenith of UI
practicality, and that the gnome panel would perfect it.  (I even
changed my XP "work" machine to the Win2k menu format.)

Same here.

But then, I've been continuously using computers for 25 years, so
The Windows Way is 2nd nature to me .

My Xfce setup would be very familiar for a Windows 2k user ;)

Can you send me (or throw onto a website) a screen-print?

Regards,
Andrei
P.S. Is this off-list because it's off-topic?

I guess I thought the comments were getting a bit "specific" and not of general interest.

I wouldn't mind putting it back on list.

Consider it done.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer