Re: Network concerns and configuration draft 4

>> I run off of a qwest dsl setup that is feeding 4 computers
> I would ask would a static ip really be able to allow
> the machines to reach the outer network ?

John ....

  In all honesty, I don't know as I haven't tried outside connections
  through my qwest dsl with a static ip myself ....

  I did fail to connect without a static ip using a dyn-dns setup
  but am unsure if that failure was due to a lack of knowledge
  and/or improper configuration/setup on my part ....

  What I seem to remember from earlier Google-izing almost 2 years ago
  is that other qwest users had a similar experience to mine and that
  the solution of least resistance was a qwest static ip, although I
  don't remember for sure if that was the  only  solution ....

  A phone call to qwest technical support might provide
  an answer ....

--
Stanley C. Kitching
Human Being