Re: -- SPAM -- Re: Disable "a program is still running" dialog in gnome

On 2009-07-28 20:35, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
[snip]

Does anything malevolent happen if you click "Shutdown Anyway"?

Nothing. But all these days I am used to hitting ctrl+alt+del and

From the GUI?  Break that habit, I'd say.

pressing enter and the system would shutdown. Now, *sometimes* it throws up this dialog a few seconds after I initiate the shutdown and by that time, I would have left the desk. I would see it several hours later when I attempt to turn the computer on, only to realize that it has been wasting power all the while.

[snip]
Guess, I'll have to map ctrl-alt-del to 'sudo poweroff' to get rid of this, but I then it would become too easy to accidentally initiate shutdown.

Hmmm. I wouldn't do that if I were you. There's a GUI "button" for that, which cleanly shuts down GNOME and all running apps.

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer