Disable "a program is still running" dialog in gnome

Nowadays, when I try to shutdown my system, I sometimes get this unhelpful dialog:

http://imgur.com/tRv5S.png

It complains about an unknown program that is not responding and wants to give me the "option" of waiting for it to finish. Is there any way to disable this dialog permanently? More than once I have left my machine thinking it would have shutdown only to find this annoying dialog a couple of hours later.

Thanks,
Raj Kiran