Re: Back up routines

I think someone earlier on the thread hit on what I perceive to be
THE important point-not backup but restore.  In most instances the
necessity for a restore involves lots of panic.  The backup can be
relatively "at your leisure".  IMHO I think the strategy should
concentrate first on the ease and rapidity of recovery (been there
done that and sometimes painfully) and then on the security of the
backup and lastly on the time it takes to do the backup and
potentially move it to an off-site location
Larry