Re: Musings on debian-user list

On 2009-07-28 06:34, Neal Hogan wrote:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Nate Bargmann<n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:
* Neal Hogan <nealhogan@gmail.com> [2009 Jul 28 06:01 -0500]:

I appreciate the OP's sentiment that the lack of flaming is good . . .
but, a good (hearted) laugh at another's expense is . . . fun . . .
and seems to be discourged/avoided here. Why? What's the problem? A
thick skin is an attribute, not a detrimment.
We guys were having a bit o' fun at our own expense in the "grep
boobies" thread until someone became upset over it.

WHO CARES?!

A woman coming along and saying, "you're being insensitive" (even when you're *not* being insensitive) has an eventual chilling effect.

Debian is serious business!!

I agree, but . . .

He was being sarcastic.  (I think.)

--