Re: choice of a Network mapping tool

On Monday 27 July 2009, Gilles Guiot wrote:
> frank a écrit :
> > On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 11:06 +0200, Gilles Guiot wrote:
> >> I am currently looking for a good network mapping software.  I do not
> >> need an overly complex and exhaustive mapping tool. I've experimented
> >> with a few on the windows side, but to no avail.
> >> Would any nice souls outhere come up with a few recommendations ? :)
> >
> > nmap
> >
> > Cheers
> > Frank
>
> Thanks for the answer. Perhaps I'm erring on the side of lazyness here,
> but I would like sthg that draws a corresponding map of the network,
> does nmap provides this, with or without plugins ?
When nmap V5 is packaged for Debian (it was only announced last week)
there is an addon called zenmap.  There is a zenmap currently, but the
new one has a topology display.  Whether that corresponds to your needs
I do not know, but I suggest googling zenmap and have a look at the
screen dumps.

David