Re: Inquiry: How to set the crontab job permanently

On 2009-07-27 01:21 -0400, hadi motamedi wrote:

> Please be informed that the added lines that we put in the crontab job
> list under root are as the followings :
> 30 23 * * * cp ~www/db_backup/cdr/RoamingCDR* /home/www
> This line is added by issuing "crontab -e" . But we will loose our
> added line upon server reboot .

That's not supposed to happen. If I were you, I'd try

- running crontab -l immediately after crontab -e to make sure
  that the line was really added,

- using hexdump or xxd or some such to verify that the last line
  of /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root really end with a newline,

- running ls -cl /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root to know exactly
  when it was changed.

- refraining from top-posting, no matter how tempting. :-)

--
André Majorel <http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
lists.debian.org, food for your spambots.