Re: Fwd: Inquiry: How to set the crontab job permanently

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 20:59 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 08:05:42AM +0100, hadi motamedi wrote:
> > Dear Osamu
> > Please find below our /etc/cron* directories :
>
> I am not interested....
>
> > We want our new scheduled task to be done at 23:30 every day . Can you
> > please let us know how and where we need to add our new lines ?
>
> The answer is edit /etc/crontab as root.
>
> But quite honestly, unless you change learning attitude, you will be
> getting yourself into bigger problem.  Sending private mails to bug
> responder on mailing list is not so kind.  We all are not paid to help
> you.
>
> > > Put scripts in one of /etc/cron.*/ directories.  It is run under root.
> > >
> > > Osamu

On another thread I answered his private question privately with
an offer to contract me for remote support.  No more private
mails since then.

Siggy
--
Please don't Cc: me when replying, I might not see either copy.
               bsb-at-psycho-dot-informationsanarchistik-dot-de