Re: Fwd: Inquiry: How to set the crontab job permanently

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 08:05:42AM +0100, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear Osamu
> Please find below our /etc/cron* directories :

I am not interested....

> We want our new scheduled task to be done at 23:30 every day . Can you
> please let us know how and where we need to add our new lines ?

The answer is edit /etc/crontab as root.

But quite honestly, unless you change learning attitude, you will be
getting yourself into bigger problem.  Sending private mails to bug
responder on mailing list is not so kind.  We all are not paid to help
you.

> > Put scripts in one of /etc/cron.*/ directories.  It is run under root.
> >
> > Osamu

Please read cron and crontab man pages first before asking others to
type you an answer.  There are details you should be knowing.

Regards,

Osamu

PS: I tend to CC people asking origial questions.